Sunday, February 3, 2008

Boopie Longstockings....

I know, right about now you are wondering what is up with the title of this post. Boopie is a nickname for my daughter. Not really sure how we came up with this, but it has stuck...along with different variations(boo, boop, boopster....). Anyways, the longstocking has to do with her new hairstyle- yes, the ever popular, never out of style pig tails.


Unfortunantely Boo is cursed with thin stringy hair. On the bright side, it is very long (about mid-back- nope, no haircut yet). Earlier this week I picked her up from day care where she was introduced to the ever popular pig tails. As I walked in she ran over to me, did a little pose, touched her pig tails and exclaimed "I show Daddy" (she also had to show Ginger- and once again- no surprise, the cat was completely un-interested). Let me tell you, she thinks she is something else with these thin, stringy, un-even pig tails. It's amazing how a hair style can make your baby girl look like a little girl.

When we got home that day, I put my own hair in pig tails. Wow, was that amazing to her. She kept touching them and saying 'ooooohhh, nice.'

I'm sure you can just imagine the look on Hubby's face when he walked in to see his 2 blondies perched on the couch with matching pig-tails. Personally I think he is just jealous....