Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Gimme a Pizza Pie....


But not just any pizza- today I have a real craving for a pepperoni and black olive pizza from Me-n-Eds back home in Cali. There are few things I miss about Cali, but this is definantely one of them. I have eaten many pizza's in my life, but none compare to Me-n-Eds.




Let me describe Me-n-Eds. If you check out their web page, you'll see a rather she-she looking pizza place- Pizzeria Moderno is what they are calling it. But this is a far cry from the Me-n-Eds that I grew up eating at. Me-n-Eds were known as neighboorhood pizza parlours. The lighting was dark, you sat at tables with benches. The wall paper was red and white stripped with some crazy pattern (i think the red stripes were velvet-like), and they had these 1/2 wine barrels hanging on the wall with 2 short Italian guys (Me and Ed...) saying funny things. Ahh, the memories...


But the pizza- ahhhh, the best memory of all. They bake their pizzas in brick ovens. There is just something about the taste of the thin, crunchy crust....and the way the dough and cheese bubbled. What I would give to have one right now....

No comments: